KATHY'S CROCHET CABIN

KATHY'S CROCHET CABIN

Friday, June 2, 2017

DONATION FOR BRIDGET'S CRADLES

 PRAYER HEARTS
 I joined Bridget's Cradles two days ago. I think I'm going to love it. I woke up at 3:30 this morning because I was dreaming about making cradles all night. So might as well get up and crochet. These are my test cradles, blanket and prayer square to send them. Praying I pass the test. LOL  They will add a cross to them if I don't get to town to buy some. The hearts are prayer hearts they give to the  bereaved families. These two cradles are only 7 inches long. So sad! I wish they were never needed.
MY FIRST CRADDLE SET
 They will add all the trim to the cradles and prayer squares and hearts if you will just make them. I wanted to do one just to see if what I'm doing is right.

SET #2
 

1 comment:

  1. Good afternoon Kathy,
    I have just found your site today and found myself going through it and through it looking in awe and amazement at your kindness. I suppose like me you are finding that when you are doing something with your hands for someone else, it keeps your mind from going back to that place that you don't want to be yourself. I lost my beloved, absolutely fantastic mum in Sept '14 and found myself lost, not wanting to do anything or go anywhere. I lived just around the corner in our little village here in Scotland from my parents and seen them most every day, but my daddy died in 2007 and i had to be strong for my poor mum who wasted away to at that point an all time low of just under 5 stone. She was the one that gave me the knowledge and talent to use my hands in creative ways, teaching to knit before i was 3 years old. Mum never had good health so we weren't well off even with my daddy working so many hours to try and keep up but we were richer than the rest of the children because we had parents that cared and gave us the tools to make something of ourselves. Crafting is my world now and keeps me going when all else can't. Mum used to be so pleased when i made anything but she was a hard task master in that it had to be perfect on both sides so that anyone looking wouldn't know which was which. We have always made things for charity and done things, some of them so silly but it made a lot of people happy and did a whole lot of good. This is what you are doing now flower,making a lot of people happy and doing more good than you could ever imagine. You were meant for a reason flower and just look at all you have achieved for so many people that are in need of your help. WELL DONE KATHY and thank you for the kindness that shines deep within and comes out.
    Love and crafty hugs
    Norah (glenochil village)

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU FOR LEAVING A COMMENT. IF YOU WANT AN ANSWER TO A QUESTION, PLEASE E-MAIL ME AT ktgriggs2 at yahoo dot com. I TRY TO RESPOND TO YOUR COMMENTS BUT SOMETIMES I DON'T KNOW HOW TO GET IN TOUCH WITH YOU. THEN THERE ARE TIMES I CHECK THE COMMENTS AND DON'T HAVE TIME TO ANSWER THEN I FORGET TO COME BACK. SORRY, BUT MY MIND IS JUST NOT WHAT IT USED TO BE! :)
THANKS AGAIN FOR YOUR COMMENT.
GOD BLESS AND TAKE CARE.
KATHY